White Kidney Bean (10:1) Extract
Healthy Weight Management*
Improves Cognitive Function*
What is White Kidney Bean Extract?White Kidney bean extract is has been marketed as a carbohydrate management supplement along with meals that contain carbs in excessive amount. The extract may work as a blocker supports carbohydrate management from getting absorbed into your system and instead get fermented or excreted. The extract is obtained from any source of legume, but it has been given the name White Kidney Bean extract because it is mainly extracted from that bean.  *
In more formal terms, it is known as alpha-amylase inhibitor isoform 1 (Alpha-AI1). The compound works in such a manner that it inhibits the formation of alpha-amylase enzymes, so that the carbohydrates you consume in your food are not absorbed in the small intestine as nutrition which could lead to an increase in weight. Because of this inhibition process, the starch that is consumed is then passed to the large intestine where it can either be excreted or get fermented by the bacteria. That makes the carbohydrates become harmless and act like probiotics instead of making your body store the energy as weight.  *
Other main starch inhibitors include arcelins, phytohaemagglutinin (PHA), Alpha-AI2, and Alpha-AIL. Because of their chemical makeup inhibitors such as arcelins, Alpha-AIL and PHA cannot inhibit the amylase enzymes on a large scale as they have looped structures that cause a steric hindrance. Alpha-AI1 is the only inhibitor that has proven to be effective and efficient in blocking out the carbohydrates due to its amylase binding qualities. The results of the Alpha-AI1 amylase binding process can be unpredictable and variable though. The binding process is mostly influenced by temperature, pH value and the coingestion with some ions like bromide, chloride, nitrate, calcium, thiocyanate, and iodide. These factors are necessary for Alpha-AI1 to be truly effective in its inhibition of amylase.
Research and studies have shown the effects it has on human bodies. The Phaseolus Vulgaris extract has been observed to reduce the activity of the amylase enzyme significantly. By consuming white kidney beans as is, you can see a small but positive effect on your carbohydrate consumption as it helps break it down and not let the body absorb it. When consumed along with meals containing starch in high levels, the extract can aid in inhibiting any starch or carbs being digested into nutrients. The effect observed in studies and experiments may not be as significant but rather minimal. The conclusion was that it could have varying results on humans and their intake of carbohydrates.  *
How Could Kidney Bean Extract Support My Health?
Research suggests Kidney Bean Extract could help support healthy cell growth management, healthy weight management and as an antioxidant support supplement. *
- One of the most significant benefits this extract has is that it can support colon health. When the Alpha-AI1 inhibits the amylase enzyme, the compound also makes sure that long-chain carbohydrates are not digested into the small intestine as nutrition for the body. After getting fermented by the bacteria present in the colon, the carbohydrates produce fatty acids that have short-chained chemical makeup such as acetic acid, butyric acid and propionic acid which have been proven to support healthy cells from forming inside the colon. Through experiments and studies, it has been observed that these fatty acids also help in regulating your InsuIin and gIucagon levels while also acting as a Histone deacetylase inhibitor on a low level. *
- White Kidney beans are already popular for being great weight support agents. They are enriched with minerals, nutrients, vitamins and most importantly, fiber that can help you support a healthy weight. The fact that it is so full of fiber means that it will make you lose your hunger and cravings since fiber can make you full for a long time. Since you would not get hungry as often, you would not consume foods that have starch or carbs in it and so you would not gain any unnecessary weight. But white kidney beans have many other amazing health benefits as well that make them a must-have in your diet.  *
- These beans are full of antioxidants that perform anti-cancerous activities. After cells metabolize in your body, they produce free radicals, which are compounds that can attach to your cells and cause chronic illnesses such as cancer. Antioxidants such as the ones in white kidney beans make sure these free radicals are destroyed so they cannot cause any harmful effects or risk you getting cancer.  The fiber in these beans makes sure that bile acids are not digested in your liver and your cholesterol does not increase. The fiber also aids in supporting bowel health. White kidney beans keep your heart healthy because of the folate and vitamin B9 it contains. They also improve cognitive function in the brain because it contains thiamin that keeps your brain cells functioning properly. White kidney beans contain molybdenum which can detoxify sulfites that can be found in processed or prepared foods. *
- As mentioned earlier, the extract is in no way a remedy for weight loss because it has minimal effects on weight gain. It is suggested to support as an inhibitor and not more. But with the amount of research being continuously conducted on how the extract works and what it can do, the results have shown that over an extended period the regular use of the extract along with meals concentrated with carbs, it could have an impact on weight management. Gradually, with daily consumption, you could see a change in your weight chart. *
- If you are looking for a supplement that can help you lose weight, then this is not it, but you can take it along with your meals that contain carbs so it can act as a calorie blocker and reduce the absorption of starch. As stated above, it has also proved to support colon health, so the benefits are not only weight-related. It can regulate your intake of carbohydrates and starch which could then lead to you stop gaining weight in a significant amount. *
Suggest Usage / DosageTake 500 - 1500mg of our extract up to three times daily.
Ideal Storage ConditionsUse a sealed container to store this product in a cool, dry place. Keep away from direct light and moisture. Once the package is opened, it must be re-sealed and used within 6 months.
Shelf LifeTwo years from date of manufacture.
- Lydia A. Bazzano, Non-Soy Legume Consumption Lowers Cholesterol Levels: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2011 Feb; 21(2): 94–103. Review. PubMed PMID: PMC2888631
- Syed IA. Glycated haemoglobin--a marker and predictor of cardiovascular disease. J Pak Med Assoc. 2011 Jul;61(7):690-5. Review. PubMed PMID: 22204248
- Mohammad Asif. The prevention and control the type-2 diabetes by changing lifestyle and dietary pattern. Published online 2014 Feb 21. doi: 10.4103/2277-9531.127541 Review. PubMed PMID: PMC3977406
- Gerd Bobe. Dietary Flavonoids and Colorectal Adenoma Recurrence in the Polyp Prevention Trial. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008 Jun; 17(6): 1344–1353. Review. PubMed PMID: PMC2517243
- Chan YS. White kidney bean lectin exerts anti-proliferative and apoptotic effects on cancer cells. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016 Apr;85:335-45. doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2015.12.094. Epub 2016 Jan 6. Review. PubMed PMID: 26769089