Astragalus 20% Extract
Boosts Immune System*
Tonifies Lungs & Spleen*
Supports Healthy Digestion*
What is Astragalus?Astragalus (known as Huang Qi or Radix Astragali in China) has been used traditionally for many years in Chinese medicines. In Western countries, it is recognized by several names such as Mongolian milk vetch, locoweed, and goat's-thorn. Astragalosides are a series of chemical compounds isolated from the Astragalus root and are used as a food supplement to alleviate weakness in people and to support infection. *
How could Astragalus Support My Health?Research suggests Astragalus may help support healthy blood sugar, kidney health, potent antioxidant activity, healthy cell production, healthy lung function, respiratory support and as an immune booster. *
Nutritive Facts and Bioactive ConstituentsAstragalus is rich in seleno-amino acids, dietary fibers, vitamins and organic minerals. Bioactive metabolites such as polysaccharides, sterols, tannins, resins, coumarins, saponins, alkaloids, phenols, terpenoids, volatile oils, and flavonoids are also found in rich quantities.
- Research suggests that Astragaloside IV, an active componenet of Astragalus may support liver health and healthy blood sugar levels by supporting healthy management of oxidative stress. *
- Astragalus is also rich in flavonoids and polysaccharides. Three flavonoids (ASF1, ASF3, and ASF5) isolated from Astragalus has been clinically suggested to have potent antioxidant and live supporting effects . Isoflavonoids including isoflavones, isoflavanes and pterocarpans (the principal components in Astragalus) have a great deal of versatile health-promoting benefits. Astragalus isoflavonoid antioxidants have the potential to support healthy glucose mmanagement through our cellular antioxidant defense. Astragalus polysaccharide supports healthy sperm from oxidative stress and boosts sperm quality parameters such as sperm motility, acrosome integrity and mitochondrial membrane potential.*
- The live supporting benefits of Astragalus include stimulation of hepatic DNA synthesis, simulation of superoxide dismutase and glutathione reductase to support healthy oxidation enhancing levels of antioxidants, suppression of ethanol-induced lipid accumulation, inhibition of nucleic acid polymerases to downregulate management of healthy cell production and translation, free radical scavenging and joint health by transforming growth factor beta-1, and collagen synthesis in hepatic cells .*
- One of the extraordinary properties of Astragalus could be in it's ability to support healthy white blood cell production in bone marrow. Multiple myeloma is incurable and a patient's lifespan is significantly reduced . Polysaccharides and flavonoids from Astragalus help to support healthy osteogenic capacity of osteoblasts.*
- Astragaloside IV (AS-IV) of Astragalus helps to support healthy airways and lung health, thus confirming its healthy breathing support . AS-IV possesses a broad range of health benefits including immune support and the healthy management of tissue masses . It also suggests that Astragalus polysaccharides support health cell division and production . Research conducted by Hu et al., 2017 studied the anticancer effect of five main Astragalus compounds such as formononetin, rhamnocitrin, calycosin, β-daucosterol, and rhamnocitrin-3-O-β-d-glucoside. The results indicated that formononetin and rhamnocitrin exhibited significant support for healthy cell lines. Among these compounds, calycosin exerted the strongest cell homeostatis . The response of conventional chemotherapy for osteosarcoma treatment is usually poor, and the severe side effects of chemotherapy effects and drug resistance remain a problem. There is much evidence that Astragaloside IV might be suitable as a cell support agent .*
- Chemotherapy frequently causes anorexia in cancer patients and has been associated with poor disease prognosis. Several therapeutic strategies for the treatment of chemotherapy induced anorexia are available. However, adverse side effects limit their clinical use. Astragalus has shown positive effects on supporting healthy weight management and food intake .*
- Melanin helps protect our skin from external environmental damage. Since plants produce agents in response to their environment, these agents could be applied in the production of cosmetics. The cellular melanin contents and expression of the melanogenesis-related protein (including microphthalmia-associated transcription factor and tyrosinase) were significantly supported after consumption of Astragalus .*
- Astragalus has exhibited immune supporting properties to help promote healthy virus and microbial support includingGram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria . There are various viruses and bacteria that can attack the body such as UTI's and HIV.*
Suggested Usage / Dosage
The recommended dosage for this extract is 250 - 500 mg daily.
Interactions / Side Effects
Astragalus may interact with some medications. It is recommended to start with a lower dosage of this supplement. However, you should always consult with your doctor first before taking this supplement
Ideal Storage Conditions
Store this product in a cool dry place in a sealed container. Keep away from direct light and moisture. Once the package is opened, it must be sealed again and used within 6 months.
2-years from Date of Manufacture.
- Are the Therapeutic Effects of Huangqi (Astragalus membranaceus) on Diabetic Nephropathy Correlated with Its Regulation of Macrophage iNOS Activity? Hui Liao et al.,Journal of Immunology Research. Volume 2017 (2017), Article ID 3780572, 9 pages
- Kondeva-Burdina M, Shkondrov A, Simeonova R, Vitcheva V, Krasteva I, Ionkova I. In vitro/in vivo antioxidant and hepatoprotective potential of defatted extract and flavonoids isolated from Astragalus spruneri Boiss. (Fabaceae). Food Chem Toxicol. 2018;111:631-640. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2017.12.020.
- Tian M, Huang H. The therapeutic effect of modified Huangqi Guizhi Wuwu Tang for multiple myeloma: An 18-year follow-up case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96(49):e9074. doi:10.1097/MD.0000000000009074.
- Jin H, Wang L, Li B, et al. Astragaloside IV Ameliorates Airway Inflammation in an Established Murine Model of Asthma by Inhibiting the mTORC1 Signaling Pathway. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2017;2017:4037086. doi:10.1155/2017/4037086.
- L. Q. Meng, J. W. Tang, Y. Wang et al., “Astragaloside IV synergizes with ferulic acid to inhibit renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis in rats with obstructive nephropathy,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 162, no. 8, pp. 1805–1818, 2011.
- Cancer Cell Int. 2017 Dec 4;17:115. doi: 10.1186/s12935-017-0487-6. eCollection 2017. Anticancer activity of Astragalus polysaccharide in human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Wu CY1, Ke Y2, Zeng YF2, Zhang YW1, Yu HJ2.
- Mol Med Rep. 2018 Feb;17(2):2665-2672. Epub 2017 Nov 28. Novel herbal medicine LA16001 ameliorates induced anorexia. Woo SM, Lee KM, Lee GR, Park JY, Lee HJ, Bahn HJ, Yoon HS, Kim JY, Shin YC, Cho SG, Ko SG.
- Int J Mol Med. 2018 Feb;41(2):1078-1088. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2017.3265. Epub 2017 Nov 17. Astragaloside IV prevents kidney injury caused by iatrogenic hyperInsuIinemia in a streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat model. He KQ1, Li WZ1, Chai XQ2, Yin YY1, Jiang Y3, Li WP1.
- J Food Sci Technol. 2017 Dec;54(13):4315-4323. doi: 10.1007/s13197-017-2902-3. Epub 2017 Oct 31. Identification of bioactives from Astragalus chinensis L.f. and their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative effects.Hu T1,2, Liu QM2, He XW2, Huang F3, Zhang MW3, Jiang JG2.
- Pharmacol Rep. 2017 Dec;69(6):1159-1164. doi: 10.1016/j.pharep.2017.07.001. Epub 2017 Jul 5. Chemosensitive effects of Astragaloside IV in osteosarcoma cells via induction of apoptosis and regulation of caspase-dependent Fas/FasL signaling. Hu T1, Fei Z2, Wei N3.
- Int J Med Sci. 2017 Sep 3;14(11):1049-1053. doi: 10.7150/ijms.20335. eCollection 2017. The Extracts of Astragalus membranaceus Inhibit Melanogenesis through the ERK Signaling Pathway. Tsao YT1,2, Kuo CY3, Kuan YD4, Lin HC5, Wu LH6, Lee CH4,7.
- Phytother Res. 2017 Oct 19. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5957. [Epub ahead of print] Selected hepatoprotective herbal medicines: Evidence from ethnomedicinal applications, animal models, and possible mechanism of actions. Ali M1, Khan T1,2, Fatima K1, Ali QUA1, Ovais M1, Khalil AT1, Ullah I1, Raza A3, Shinwari ZK1, Idrees M4,5.
- Pharmazie. 1993 Jun;48(6):452-4. Astragalosides from Egyptian Astragalus spinosus Vahl. Abdallah RM1, Ghazy NM, El-Sebakhy NA, Pirillo A, Verotta L.
- J Intercult Ethnopharmacol. 2017 Jan-Mar; 6(1): 50–57. Screening for antibacterial and antibiofilm activities in Astragalus angulosus .Hussein Kanaan.