Damiana (100:1) Extract
Powerful Women's Aphrodisiac*
Stress & Anxiety Support*
What is Damiana?Damiana is also referred to as Turnera diffusa. The plant can be identified by its pale green serrated leaves and can grow up to 2 meters. During harvest time of its leaves, yellow flowers are usually apparent. The leaves of the plant are considered to be the most beneficial when it comes to health matters. Studies have discovered that Damiana leaves are rich in flavonoids, tannins, and other useful compounds. It is, therefore, an essential health supplement for both men and women. *
How could Damiana Support My Health?Damiana has a rich history of reported health benefits. Some of these benefits may support aphrodisiac properties, digestive health, mood support, weight management, healthy menstrual cycles, assist in natural healing and healthy blood sugar levels. *
Aphrodisiac. One of the main reasons for the traditional use of Damiana was due to its various benefits for intimate moments. Studies have been conducted to test the efficacy of this herb as a sexuaI stimulant. It has been regarded by many users as a 'bedroom tonic'. For men, Damiana extract may assist in achieving and maintaining healthy, normal erections . This is attained through the reduction of stress and anxiety related to fears of poor performance and inadequacy. Studies have revealed that consuming this extract facilitates the slowing down of the digestive system and in turn, makes more oxygen available to male genitalia. This helps achieve and maintain an erection more easily. Consumption of the Damiana extract also ensures that blood flow is at its optimum. The flow of blood and the maintenance of nerve endings in the genitalia helps to address bedroom inadequacies .
For woman's sexuaI health, the consumption of Damiana has been associated with an increase in libido. In her book, "Love Potions: A Guide to Aphrodisiacs and Sexual Pleasures", Angela Hynes and Cynthia Watson state that androgens such as testosterone might be effective for women, and low libido is believed to be a result of deficiencies in the androgen level in their bodies . She also states consumption of Damiana during bedtime can result in more erotic dreams .*
Digestive Health. Damiana extract can facilitate the health of the digestive tract through the breakdown of sugars and fats in the digestive system. This extract applies an effective mechanism by increasing the body's absorption rate. Due to this, our body is able to get the most nutrients from the food we consume.
Damiana has also been used in promoting optimal digestive and stomach health. The extract contains arbutin (a substance with antioxidant properties), enabling it to support healthy ulcer response. Damiana will also help cleanse the digestive tract. Through the cleansing process, our body is forced to eliminate harmful toxins and chemicals that hinder our digestion.*
- Mood Support. Our Damiana extract has an active compound known as thymol . This compound is responsible for the life-enhancing and stimulating effects on the mind and body. Due to the presence of this property, most herbalists prescribe this extract for mild cases of stress, low mood and nervous exhaustion. Another compound, damiana, has been shown to produce a calming effect on the nervous system. It also demonstrates potential euphoric effects due to the flavonoids present in it. Many have even compared the effects to those of other green smoke supplies, although Damiana presents with milder effects. These effects contribute to the calming and relaxation of the nerves . On that note, the use of our Damiana extract will ensure that your energy levels are boosted and your mind remains calm.*
- Weight Management. For those of us with bulging waistlines, it would be a relief to shed a few pounds. A study in Denmark (2001) stated that when this extract is combined with guarana and yerba mate, thermogenic effects are produced. This, in turn, comes with appetite management . Other reports state that Damiana extract acts as a laxative. It loosens the stool and cleanses the system. The mood enhancing properties in this extract will also work for those who mainly eat for emotional comfort. By boosting their moods, they will refrain from eating as much and as a result, better weight management.*
- Menstrual Support. Many women suffer from the effects of menstruation such as cramps . From this, we can also see other side effects such as low mood and stress. Consumption of Damiana extract may help regulate healthy hormonal balance, supporting healthy sweat response and hot flashes . It acts by normalizing and balancing our body's hormones and as a result, also providing women with more energy.*
Healthy Blood Sugar Levels And Cell homeostasis. Recent studies have supported the traditional use of Damiana for supporting healthy blood sugar levels. Mexican scientists documented Damiana's blood sugar regulating properties in 1984. In addition, a study that was published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology found out that this herb could help in supporting healthy blood sugar levels.
The cell homeostasis supporting properties of the herb also ensure that most systems in the body are detoxified . It has even been stated to be helpful in supporting urinary health.*
Suggested Usage / DosageThe recommended dosage for this extract is 500 mg daily. However, since we all have varying requirements, it is good to consult with a health professional on the best dosage for your individual needs.
Interactions / Side EffectsThe side effects of our Damiana extract are rare. However, there may be one or two cases of allergic reactions to the extract. Some of the known side effects include inducing a manic behavior in people with psychiatric conditions. Consumption of the extract in large amounts may also lead to mild diarrhea. People who have issues with the sugar regulatory mechanism in their bodies (such as diabetes) should take this extract under a physician's supervision. *
Ideal Storage Conditions
Use a sealed container to store this product in a cool, dry place. Keep away from direct light and moisture. Once the package is opened, it must be re-sealed and used within 6 months.
2 years from Date of Manufacture.
- Andersen, T., & Fogh, J. (2001). Weight loss and delayed gastric emptying following a South American herbal preparation in overweight patients. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 14(3), 243-250.
- Israel, D., & Youngkin, E. Q. (1997). Herbal therapies for perimenopausal and menopausal complaints. Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy, 17(5), 970-984.
- Fasano, S. (2003). U.S. Patent No. 6586018B1. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- VanderJagt, T. J., Ghattas, R., VanderJagt, D. J., Crossey, M., & Glew, R. H. (2002). Comparison of the total antioxidant content of 30 widely used medicinal plants of New Mexico. Life Sciences, 70(9), 1035-1040.
- Swilling, J. D. (2011). U.S. Patent No. 7,927,633. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Watson, C. M. (1993). Love Potions: A Guide to Aphrodisiacs and Sexual Pleasures. Tarcher.
- Alcaraz-Meléndez, L., Delgado-Rodríguez, J., & Real-Cosío, S. (2004). Analysis of essential oils from wild and micropropagated plants of damiana (Turnera diffusa). Fitoterapia, 75(7), 696-701.