Organic Maca (60:1) Extract
What is Maca?Maca is a cultivated root belonging to the brassica family. It is mainly used in the Andean region of South America. This potent herb is commonly used by both sexes for its numerous health benefits. Macamides are the marker compounds of Maca. Our extract contains 60% macamides.
How Could Maca With Macamides Support My Health?Maca with 60% Macamides is a health supplement with a myriad of health benefits. We will introduce you to the benefits and the reasoning behind consuming the Organic Maca (60:1) Extract.
- Sexual Drive and Fertility for Men. This super herb has been dubbed a "natural V**gra" in many parts of South America . This is due to its unmatched effect on male sexual drive and stamina. Although studies have shown that testosterone levels are not affected by Maca, the herb has been found to have immense positive effects on sperm production, as well as boosting libido and sexual endurance in males . Males exhibiting infertility and impotence were also greatly helped with this super herb. *
- Prostate Health. Daily intake of Maca will ensure that zinc levels in the body are support and will ensure that testosterone is readily converted to (DHT) to maintain the health of the prostate gland . *
Fertility, Sexual Health & Hormone Production In Women. Just like their male counterpart, women can use our Maca extract to boost their sexual drive . Sexual issues faced by women are usually caused by fatigue, certain medications, emotional turmoil, illness and a decrease in hormone production. A study conducted by CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics in 2008 indicated that Maca (in its various forms) had the ability to increase sexual libido in women. This is due to the herb's immense positive effects on serotonin. Serotonin is the body's "feel good' hormone. Maca is also an adaptogen, a substance that generally helps the body deal with different stressors .
This herb also plays a great role in managing the menstruation cycle. It helps normalize individual patterns in relation to the number of days and the amount of blood flow. The various minerals and nutrients present in Maca can also assist in the management of menstruation pain and cramps. It is linked to controlled estrogen levels. This will help to boost women's reproductive health with regards to fertility and menstruation issues. *
- Menopause. Effects brought about by menopause can also be managed through consumption of our Maca 60% extract . The effects of menopause include vaginal dryness, loss of libido and hot flashes. *
Energy, Mood and Memory Booster. The use of the Maca 60% extract will ensure that you have enough energy reserves at any time. This is substantiated by research that suggests that Maca could lower anxiety and low mood levels, both energy drainers . To that effect, health professionals have recommended Maca over caffeine-related products as the former will never give you "the jitters" even if taken in large quantities.
Maca has been known to help the pituitary gland by regulating the hypothalamus. The components play a major role in maintaining the focus and energy in our bodies. Boosting our energy and mood will lead to better concentration plus an improvement in memory, and ultimately increases our daily productivity . *
- Antioxidant Booster. The Maca 60% extract is in itself a natural antioxidant . As a result, it helps to boost the levels of two major health promoting components in the body (namely glutathione and superoxide dismutase). Recent studies also show that Maca has the ability to prevent the development of chronic human conditions such as 'bad' cholesterol, impaired glucose tolerance and high antioxidative states. This herb will help to improve the immune system and maintain proper levels of cholesterol in the body. Overall, this proves that Maca 60% extract is essential in the prevention of heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes. *
Interactions / Side EffectsMaca 60% extract will never cause harmful side effects. However, caution should be taken while consuming this nutritional supplement as it poses certain risks on our hormonal make-up . Some of the notable effects include acne. This may develop within the first few weeks of its use but will eventually clear out. Other than acne, a number of users have also reported digestive issues. However, this normally happens to people with sensitive digestive systems. As such, the use of the Maca 60% extract as a supplement should be taken with care to minimize the chances of side effects. *
Suggested Usage / DosageThose who wish to reap the benefits of this herb in its supplement form should start with a lower dosage. You could start by supplementing small amounts in your meals and gradually increase it over time. Maca can also be mixed with other recipes for those who do not want to take it raw. Normally, the taste of the Maca 60% extract will blend well with fruit smoothies or oatmeal. Heating the herb extract with activities such as baking is not recommended as it will tend to reduce its vital nutrients.
Ideal Storage Conditions
Use a sealed container to store this product in a cool, dry place. Keep away from direct light and moisture. Once the package is opened, it must be re-sealed and used within 6 months.
2-years from Date of Manufacture.
- Dording, C. M., Fisher, L., Papakostas, G., Farabaugh, A., Sonawalla, S., Fava, M., & Mischoulon, D. (2008). A Double-Blind, Randomized, Pilot Dose‐Finding Study of Maca Root (L. Meyenii) for the Management of SSRI-Induced Sexual Dysfunction. CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 14(3), 182-191.
- May, T. W. What can Maca do for you?.
- Brooks, N. A., Wilcox, G., Walker, K. Z., Ashton, J. F., Cox, M. B., & Stojanovska, L. (2008). Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause, 15(6), 1157-1162.
- "Maca". Examine.com https://examine.com/supplements/maca/
- Where Can, I. 7 Benefits of Maca Root for Women.
- Balick, M. J., & Lee, R. (2002). Maca: from traditional food crop to energy and libido stimulant. Alternative therapies in health and medicine, 8(2), 96.
- Corazza, O., Martinotti, G., Santacroce, R., Chillemi, E., Di Giannantonio, M., Schifano, F., & Cellek, S. (2014). Sexual enhancement products for sale online: Raising awareness of the psychoactive effects of yohimbine, maca, horny goat weed, and Ginkgo biloba. BioMed research international, 2014.