Organic Maca (60:1) Extract
What is Maca?Maca is a cultivated root belonging to the brassica family. It is mainly used in the Andean region of South America. This potent herb is available in the form of supplements and is commonly used by both genders for its numerous health benefits. Macamides are the marker compounds of Maca. Our supplements contain 60% macamides. During the harvesting process, Maca should be properly dried and kept so that these compounds can be preserved to increase the potency of Maca.
How could Maca With Macamides Support My Health?Maca with 60% Macamides is a health supplement with a myriad of health benefits. We will introduce you to the benefits and the reasoning behind consuming the Organic Maca (60:1) Extract. Some of these benefits include sexual performance, fertility support, prostate health, healthy hormone production, energy, mood and memory support and as an antioxidant booster. *
Interactions / Side EffectsMaca 60% extract will never cause harmful side effects. However, caution should be taken while consuming this nutritional supplement as it poses certain risks on our hormonal make-up . Some of the notable effects include acne. This may develop within the first few weeks of its use but will eventually clear out. Other than acne, a number of users have also reported digestive issues. However, this normally happens to people with sensitive digestive systems. As such, the use of the Maca 60% extract as a supplement should be taken with care to minimize the chances of side effects. *
Suggested Usage / DosageThose who wish to reap the benefits of this herb in its supplement form should start with a lower dosage. You could start by supplementing small amounts in your meals and gradually increase it over time. Maca can also be mixed with other recipes for those who do not want to take it raw. Normally, the taste of the Maca 60% extract will blend well with fruit smoothies or oatmeal. Heating the herb extract with activities such as baking is not recommended as it will tend to reduce its vital nutrients.
Ideal Storage Conditions
Use a sealed container to store this product in a cool, dry place. Keep away from direct light and moisture. Once the package is opened, it must be re-sealed and used within 6 months.
2 years from Date of Manufacture.
- Dording, C. M., Fisher, L., Papakostas, G., Farabaugh, A., Sonawalla, S., Fava, M., & Mischoulon, D. (2008). A Double-Blind, Randomized, Pilot Dose‐Finding Study of Maca Root (L. Meyenii) for the Management of SSRI-Induced Sexual Dysfunction. CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 14(3), 182-191.
- May, T. W. What can Maca do for you?.
- Brooks, N. A., Wilcox, G., Walker, K. Z., Ashton, J. F., Cox, M. B., & Stojanovska, L. (2008). Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause, 15(6), 1157-1162.
- "Maca". Examine.com https://examine.com/supplements/maca/
- Where Can, I. 7 Benefits of Maca Root for Women.
- Balick, M. J., & Lee, R. (2002). Maca: from traditional food crop to energy and libido stimulant. Alternative therapies in health and medicine, 8(2), 96.
- Corazza, O., Martinotti, G., Santacroce, R., Chillemi, E., Di Giannantonio, M., Schifano, F., & Cellek, S. (2014). Sexual enhancement products for sale online: Raising awareness of the psychoactive effects of yohimbine, maca, horny goat weed, and Ginkgo biloba. BioMed research international, 2014.