AHCC 50% Extract
Healthy Cell Growth*
Assists Healing Response*
Healthy Liver Support*
Active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) is a natural compound extracted from the mycelia of shiitake mushrooms.
What is AHCC?
Shiitake mushrooms are prevalent in Japan and other East Asian countries. This medicinal compound was developed in Japan in 1989. Since then, it has been used worldwide to support a healthy immune system. AHCC has also been the subject of worldwide research due to its potential as an immune boosting agent. *
How Could AHCC Support My Health?
With each passing day, on-going studies continue to reveal the many benefits of consuming our AHCC extract. We will introduce you to some of these key benefits and the reasoning behind consuming the AHCC 50% Extract.
- Cell Health. The human papilloma virus is one of the most common sexually transmitted viruses in the world  and currently there is no cure. Although legally we can't reference studies that suggest that a natural substance could treat illness or disease... A study conducted at the University of Texas Health Science Centre at Houston has revealed that the AHCC extract could be the real deal when it comes to resetting cells back to optimal health. Oral doses of the AHCC extract were administered once a day to 10 women for a period of 6 months. After 6 months, 5 of the women tested had achieved optimal cell health.*
Immune Booster. In the past few years, AHCC has been acknowledged as a great booster for the immune system . One amazing fact about this compound is that it not only plays a part in boosting our innate immune system but also our adaptive immune system. This shows that consumption of the AHCC 50% Extract will benefit our immune system in many ways. The compound boosts our immunity by stimulating the increase in certain types of white blood cells. White blood cells are the components of our blood that help fight off disease-causing microorganisms .
Natural killer (NK) cells are also increased by consuming AHCC. NK cells are present in the innate immune system and it’s responsible for supporting cell health. Sometimes cells can be infected by viruses. These killer cells are the first line of defense in our innate immune system . They help to contain the damage caused by viruses while waiting for the adaptive system to respond. These are macrophages (which are relatively bigger) that have enzymes capable of breaking down pathogens. This suggests that AHCC is actively involved in our immune system and taking this extract will help support your cells to stay energized and healthy.*
Cancer Support. Studies have shown that AHCC might be beneficial in supporting healthy cancer cells . It is shown that correct administration of AHCC helps to boost the immune system and could support healthy cancer cells.
Animal-based research has also shown that AHCC may also help support chemotherapy. In 2009, a report from the Journal of Experimental Therapeutics and Oncology indicated that mice treated with AHCC experienced a healthy chemotherapy response. Notable findings included both liver and bone marrow support .*
Blood Sugar. AHCC Extract has healthy liver promoting and and optimal blood sugar benefits . These are resultant of the antioxidant and liver enzyme-inducing effects of this compound. A study conducted on rats aimed at examining AHCC's effects in supporting healthy blood sugar found that the compound was able to support healthy blood sugar by supporting deterioration in Langerhans cells and supporting oxidative healthy to the various cells .
These are indicators that AHCC has the properties to support optimal blood sugar levels. People suffering from Type 1 Diabetes experience issues with blood sugar*
Stress and Fatigue. Stress and fatigue occur as a result of interaction between our immune system and the nervous and endocrine system . Stress (both physical and emotional) facilitates the production of a neurotransmitter in the brain, which in turn creates a fightback response. This suppresses the efficacy of NK cells and other components of the innate immune system.
Research indicates that the use of AHCC may boost blood sugar levels and at the same time, reduces the production of glucocorticoids  (a chemical that increases with stress). Hence, a reduction of this chemical by AHCC leads to a healthy response to stress and fatigue.*
- Weight Loss and Healthy Cholesterol Levels. Mushrooms can be added to your meals without causing much weight gain. This is because they are low in calories while at the same time being very nutritious . The AHCC present in shiitake mushrooms also contain beta-glucans that play a role in metabolizing fat and can help to support healthy cholesterol levels . This compound also contains eritadenine, which has healthy cholesterol supporting properties.*
Suggested Usage / Dosage
AHCC 50% Extract can be used in combination with other health supplements to further boost their health benefits. It is recommended to start with a lower dosage of this supplement. Over time, you can increase the dosage. However, given the many reasons people use AHCC, it is always best to consult with your doctor first.
Ideal Storage Conditions
Use a sealed container to store this product in a cool, dry place. Keep away from direct light and moisture. Once the package is opened, it must be re-sealed and used within 6 months.
2-years from Date of Manufacture.
- Passwater, R. A. AHCC: The Breakthrough in Natural Immunotherapy.
- Ito, T., Urushima, H., Sakaue, M., Yukawa, S., Honda, H., Hirai, K., ... & Kondo, K. (2014). Reduction of adverse effects by a mushroom product, active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) in patients with advanced cell disruption during chemotherapy—the significance of the levels of HHV-6 DNA in saliva as a surrogate biomarker during chemotherapy. Nutrition and cell disruption, 66(3), 377-382.
- Smith, J. A., Mathew, L., Gaikwad, A., Jaffari, M., Julius, J. M., Frumovitz, M., & Dalrymple, J. L. (2011). Abstract B79: Evaluation of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) for support of tumor health in human cervical health xenograft model.
- Wakame, K. (1999). Protective effects of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) on the onset of blood sugar response induced by streptozotocin in the rat. BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH-TOKYO-, 20, 145-152.
- Dan Kenner, O. M. D. (2001). Suport Healthy Stress and Fatigue with AHCC.
- Daddaoua, A., Martínez-Plata, E., Ortega-González, M., Ocón, B., Aranda, C. J., Zarzuelo, A., ... & Martínez-Augustin, O. (2013). The nutritional supplement Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) may have direct immunomodulatory actions on intestinal epithelial cells and macrophages involving TLR/MyD88 and NF-κB/MAPK activation. Food chemistry, 136(3), 1288-1295.